Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Useless knowledge
l
13 May 2006 09:11
Before I sleep, I have promises to keep ..

Well before hitting the bed .. I have two questions which can be considered stupid, but still up to know never found a logic explanation.

1st Question : as I was waiting for my criminal report to be ready I watched people walking into the sheriff Office, all the men , without exception just pushed the door with relative success forward or backward to open it.
as for women, they stopped to read the push or pull sign before to proceed (It has anything to do with women having a more observating and attentive sense, while men are more to be practical ? by just pushing and see the results ?)

The second question, why when driving, precisely when you make a turn at a faster pace, your head leans toward the direction of the turn .. normally it should go the opposite direction since there is a force against the turn's direction .. Can it be explained by any means ?

share what you have to say on the issue or why not add to it some of the nature's beatiful secrets
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
m
14 May 2006 07:15
the question regarding the pull and push signs...women are likely to be more cautious with a sense of detaileye rolling smileyevil, while men are more common to act now and think why they acted latertongue sticking out smileywinking smiley.
r
14 May 2006 07:56
regarding the second question. maybe because you gotta turn the wheel (guidoun) to the way your are turning the car and you use your body ...

man it's too complicated, i would rather say i dont know.
l
18 May 2006 12:11
ha ha mr ramis16 ! do we really drive cars by our whole body ?
"Hé ! bonjour, Monsieur du Corbeau. Que vous êtes joli ! que vous me semblez beau ! Sans mentir, si votre ramage Se rapporte à votre plumage, Vous êtes le Phénix des hôtes de ces bois."
B
24 July 2006 06:43
dont you have something more interesting than to waste other people time asking stupid questions? smoking smiley
26 July 2006 21:53
spinning smiley sticking its tongue out I guess not, Binladder, and stay away from your cell-phone..
l
27 July 2006 18:28
Stupidity is on the eyes of the beholder too.. I will just call it ignorance of the basic laws of the earth.

here is another thing about it

Scientists have calculated that throught the days in the city of Berlin, Germany during WC 2006.
approx. 200,0000 litres of urine was passed through the various public toilets throughout the city.
dis figure on an average day would be only 850,000...
why they took the pain to conduct this research is still unknown...

think of a reason and post it.. wat would u say ?
c
27 July 2006 18:32
Maybe some researchers have a lot of time on their hands or they need to justify the grants they receive by publishing "useless knowledge", otherwise the grants may be reduced on their next budget session.
l
27 July 2006 18:50
indeed, chelhman smiling smiley maybe that, I would say maybe related to alcohol consumption

and here are another facts

1. Coca-Cola was originally green.

2. The most common name in the world is Mohammed.

3.The name of all the continents end with the same letter that they start with.

4. The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.

5. There are two credit cards for every person in the United States.

6. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.

7. Women blink nearly twice as much as men!

8. You can't kill yourself by holding your breath.

9. It is impossible to lick your elbow.

10. People say "Bless you" when you sneeze because when you sneeze,your heart stops for a millisecond.

11. It is physically impossible for pigs to look up into the sky.

12. The "sixth sick sheik's sixth sheep's sick" is said to be the toughest tongue twister in the English language.

13. If you sneeze too hard, you can fracture a rib. If you try to suppress a sneeze, you can rupture a blood vessel in your head or neck and die.

14. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents great king from history.
Spades - King David

Clubs - Alexander the Great,

Hearts - Charlemagne

Diamonds - Julius Caesar.

15. 111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321

16. If a statue of a person in the park on a horse has both front legs in the air, the person died in battle.

If the horse has one front leg in the air,the person died as a result of wounds received in battle.

If the horse has a all four legs on the ground, the person died of natural causes.

17. What do bullet proof vests, fire escapes, windshield wipers and laserprinters all have in common?

Ans. - All invented by women.

18. Question - This is the only food that doesn'tspoil. What is this?

Ans. - Honey

19. A crocodile cannot stick its tongue out.

20. A snail can sleep for three years.

21. All polar bears are left handed.

22. American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class.

23. Butterflies taste with their feet.

24. Elephants are the only animals that can't jump.

25. In the last 4000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.

26. On average, people fear spiders more than they do death.

27. Shakespeare invented the word 'assassination'and 'bump

28. Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand.

29. The ant always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.

30. The electric chair was invented by a dentist.

31. The human heart creates enough pressure when it pumps out the body to squirt blood 30 feet.

32. Rats multiply so quickly that in 18 months, two rats could have over million descendants.

33. Wearing headphones for just an hour will increase the bacteria in your ear by 700 times.

34. The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.

35. Most lipstick contains fish scales.

36. Like fingerprints, everyone's tongue print is different

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/27/2006 06:56 by l9bi7.

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Join Yabiladi on Facebook