Menu
Connexion Yabiladies Ramadan Radio Forum News
Ce que dit Blatter apres le vote.
17 mai 2004 10:26
Mr Blatter dit que les marocains etait des "bad loosers" et mal conseilles! voici son article paru aujourd´hui dans le journal "Financial Times":

[news.ft.com]

Voting row cannot spoil African win
By Joseph S. Blatter
Published: May 16 2004 21:53

Saturday's Fifa Executive Committee decision to select South Africa as the host country of the 2010 World Cup teaches three important lessons.

It showed the grace of a humble winner, it revealed the pointless anger of an irate loser and above all it finally brought the World Cup to Africa - a continent that is ready, willing and able to deliver a beautiful tournament.

Nelson Mandela's humility was there for all to see. At the moment of victory, he opened his arms to those who had lost. He spoke of a World Cup for all of Africa, he was inclusive and not dismissive. He was what the world has learned to know him as: a great statesman who shows quality in victory and patience in defeat. Through 27 years in prison he was a beacon of light for all those who continued to suffer. And in 2000 he showed the world how to be a good loser when Germany was awarded the 2006 tournament by just one vote. Instead of questioning its fate, the South African team left quietly, their heads held high, and went straight back to the drawing board, determined to do better the next time round.

And they did. Two days ago, an exceptional effort was rewarded. Thousands of hours of work were honoured by Fifa, which did not merely vote with an analytical mind but also with its heart and soul.

Of the 24 executive committee members, 14 decided in a secret ballot that South Africa was ready, able and more than just willing to be the host for the finals of the world's most beautiful game in 2010. (The other 10 votes went to Morocco).

In my opinion, the South African nation deserves its victory, which, I hasten to add, takes nothing away from the rival bidders - Libya, Tunisia, Egypt and Morocco. They, too, had offered convincing concepts, some better than others. And the final three - after Tunisia withdrew and Libya was not accepted - offered very good proposals.

It is the losers who, in time of defeat, deserve our praise. Because they worked equally hard - they were just less lucky.

I commend Egypt and Libya, which showed what our sport is all about: fair play. Once the winner was declared, they stayed on and applauded South Africa. They were good, not sore losers because they had understood that no matter who won the right to organise the 2010 tournament, Africa is the ultimate winner.

Ill-advised were the Moroccan d elegates who left prematurely. They had forgotten that our sport is not made up of winners only. That it is about winning gracefully and losing with dignity. They forgot that our sport is about setting examples for the millions who watch the game worldwide.

We have applauded the humble winner. Personally, I would have wished to applaud all losers for displaying a dignified position after the winner was announced because the verdict did not say anything about the quality of those that had competed. Rather, it merely picked what I would like to call "the first among equals". While some of those present lost their nerve, Morocco's King Mohammed VI sent a message of congratulations to Thabo Mbeki, South African president. That is the action of a statesman and a winner.

Having demonstrated to the world that Fifa does not only preach what it says but practises what it preaches - transparency, fairness, responsibility and solidarity - I am proud of my colleagues who took a good decision and, of course, I respect those who disagreed.

After 84 years, the World Cup will finally be hosted in Africa. Those who believe the decision was taken for sentimental reasons, must rethink because they are wrong.

South Africa and the African continent are ready and capable. And Fifa's decision reflects this fact. I have no doubt that all African nations will join hands, just as their Asian counterparts did in 2002, to stage a beautiful, successful and convincing event.

Joseph S. Blatter is president of Fifa, world football's governing body.

Emission spécial MRE
2m Radio + Yabiladi.com
Facebook